ETSI - EN 302 858
Short Range Devices; Transport and Traffic Telematics (TTT); Radar equipment operating in the 24,05 GHz to 24,25 GHz or 24,05 GHz to 24,50 GHz range; Harmonised Standard covering the essential requirements of article 3.2 of the Directive 2014/53/EU
|Publication Date:||1 October 2016|
The present document applies to the following equipment types:
• automotive radar equipment operating in the 24,05 GHz to 24,25 GHz frequency range (narrowband radar equipment);
• automotive radar equipment operating in the 24,05 GHz to 24,50 GHz frequency range (WLAM wideband low activity mode radar equipment). The WLAM mode can be activated and operated in three different sub-modes (SM) as defined in CEPT/ECC Report 164 [i.8]:
- SM1: Forward facing Radars, Front-permanent Calibration sub-mode.
- SM2: Forward facing Radars, Front Emergency APPS sub-mode, activated for emergency braking support in case of a crash event monitored by a camera, for a vehicle speed above 20 km/h.
- SM3: Rear facing Radars, Rear-parking sub-mode, activated only when the vehicle moves back to better discriminate pedestrians, v < 30 km/h.
A radar EUT can work in one, two, or three of these sub-modes. The radar sensor manufacturer has to declare in which sub-modes the EUT operates and how to switch between the sub-modes.
The present document contains the technical characteristics and test methods for narrowband radar equipment fitted with integral antennas operating in the frequency range from 24,05 GHz to 24,25 GHz or from 24,05 GHz to 24,50 GHz and references CEPT/ERC Recommendation 70-03 [i.1] and EC Decision 2013/752/EU [i.2].
The present document contains requirements to demonstrate that radio equipment both effectively uses and supports the efficient use of radio spectrum in order to avoid harmful interference.
In case of differences (for instance concerning special conditions, definitions, abbreviations) between the present document and ETSI EN 303 396 , the provisions of the present document take precedence.