Standard: ISO - 12870
OPHTHALMIC OPTICS — SPECTACLE FRAMES — REQUIREMENTS AND TEST METHODS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This International Standard specifies fundamental requirements for unglazed spectacle frames designed for use with all prescription lenses. It is applicable to frames at the point of sale by the manufacturer or supplier to the retailer.
This International Standard is applicable to all spectacle frame types, including rimless mounts, semirimless mounts and folding spectacle frames. It is also applicable to spectacle frames made from natural organic materials.
NOTE See Annex A for recommendations on the design of spectacle frames.
This International Standard is not applicable to complete custom-made spectacle frames or to products designed specifically to provide personal eye protection.
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|ISO 12870||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2012-04-01||Revision: 3RD||Status: INAC|
|ISO 12870||Change Type:||Update Date: 2004-08-01||Revision: 2ND||Status: INAC|
|ISO 12870||Change Type:||Update Date: 1997-12-15||Revision: 1ST||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 19.