CEN - EN ISO 7326
Rubber and plastics hoses - Assessment of ozone resistance under static conditions
|Publication Date:||1 October 2016|
|ICS Code (Hoses and hose assemblies):||23.040.70|
This document specifies five methods for determining the ozone resistance of the outer covers of hoses:
- method 1, for bore sizes up to and including 25 mm, carried out on the hose itself;
- method 2, for bore sizes greater than 25 mm, carried out on a test piece from the hose wall;
- method 3, for bore sizes greater than 25 mm, carried out on a test piece from the cover;
- method 4, for all bore sizes, carried out on the hose itself;
- method 5, for all bore sizes, carried out on hoses that are expandable, for example textilereinforced hoses.
NOTE For hoses with built-in fittings from which it is not possible to take test pieces, the ozone resistance can be assessed on slabs in accordance with ISO 1431-1, using test sheets of the appropriate polymeric compound vulcanized to the same degree.