SNZ - AS/NZS 60335.2.27
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.27: Particular requirements for appliances for skin exposure to optical radiation
|Publication Date:||30 June 2016|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electrical appliances incorporating emitters for exposing the skin to optical radiation (wavelength 100 nm to 1 mm), for household and similar use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used in tanning salons, beauty parlours and similar premises, are also within the scope of this standard.
As far as practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by persons using the appliances in tanning salons, beauty parlours and similar premises or at home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities;
- IEC 60598-1 is applicable as far as is reasonable.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to
- appliances for skin or hair care (IEC 60335-2-23);
- sauna heating appliances and infrared cabins (IEC 60335-2-53);
- cosmetic and beauty care appliances incorporating lasers and intense light sources (IEC 60335-2-113)1;
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601);
- appliances that use UV radiation for purposes other than tanning the skin;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).
1 In preparation