Aerospace Series – Requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process
|Publication Date:||1 November 2016|
This standard establishes requirements for performing and documenting APQP and PPAP. APQP begins with conceptual product needs and extends through product definition, production planning, product and process validation (i.e., PPAP), product use, and post-delivery service. This standard integrates and collaborates with the requirements of the 9100, 9102, 9103, and 9110 standards.
The requirements specified in this standard are complementary (not alternative) to contractual and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements. Should there be a conflict between the requirements of this standard and applicable statutory or regulatory requirements, the latter shall take precedence.
The purpose of this standard is to establish a uniform approach to product realization across the aviation, space, and defense industry ensuring that quality products are delivered on time, while satisfying cost performance targets.
The following conventions are used in this standard:
- The word "shall" indicates a requirement.
- The word "should" indicates a recommended action (content or path), but not mandatory application.
- Words "typical", "example", "for reference", or "e.g." indicate suggestions given for guidance only.
- "NOTES" are used for additional clarification.
- Words or phrases with specific meaning pertaining to this document are defined in Section 3.