PACKT - Docker Networking Cookbook
|Publication Date:||29 November 2016|
60 practical recipes that help you gain expertise with Docker networking and understand the underlying constructs that make it all work
About This Book
• Enhance your Docker networking skills and protect your organization using advanced networking functions
• Learn how to use third party tools to extend Docker networking
• This practical and recipe-based book demonstrates the different ways in which you can network containers leveraging the Docker engine.
Who This Book Is For
The book is for system administrators as well as developers who are well versed with the concepts of Docker and have basic knowledge of Docker networking. You should also have sound knowledge of networking in general.
What You Will Learn
• Configure Linux networking primitives used by Docker networking
• Build and deploy user-defined Docker networks
• Examine the different options for resolving and linking containers
• Implement custom networks for Docker to consume
• Discover third-party networking plugins such as Weave and Flannel
• Work through solutions to secure Docker containers and networks
• Observe methodologies for troubleshooting container networks
• Explore advanced and experimental Docker networking features
Networking functionality in Docker has changed considerably since its first release, evolving to offer a rich set of built-in networking features, as well as an extensible plugin model allowing for a wide variety of networking functionality. This book explores Docker networking capabilities from end to end. Begin by examining the building blocks used by Docker to implement fundamental containing networking before learning how to consume built-in networking constructs as well as custom networks you create on your own. Next, explore common third-party networking plugins, including detailed information on how these plugins inter-operate with the Docker engine. Consider available options for securing container networks, as well as a process for troubleshooting container connectivity
Finally, examine advanced Docker networking functions and their relevant use cases, tying together everything you need to succeed with your own projects.
Style and approach
This practical recipe-based book will take readers to next level of Docker networking. It covers relevant use cases and the advanced features of Docker