Standard: ISO - 20283-5
MECHANICAL VIBRATION - MEASUREMENT OF VIBRATION ON SHIPS - PART 5: GUIDELINES FOR MEASUREMENT, EVALUATION AND REPORTING OF VIBRATION WITH REGARD TO HABITABILITY ON PASSENGER AND MERCHANT SHIPS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document gives guidelines for the measurement, evaluation and reporting of vibration with regard to habitability for all persons on-board passenger and merchant ships, especially for crew. Overall frequency-weighted r.m.s. vibration values in the frequency range 1 Hz to 80 Hz are given as guideline values for different areas on ships.
This document is applicable to passenger and merchant ships with intended voyages of 24 h or more.
This document specifies requirements for the instrumentation and the procedure of measurement in normally occupied spaces. It also contains analysis specifications and guidelines for the evaluation of ship vibration with respect to habitability.
The evaluation of low-frequency ship motion which can result in motion sickness is covered by ISO 2631-1. For the evaluation of the global structural vibration of a ship, however, see ISO 20283-2.
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 6 of 6.