German construction contract procedures (VOB) - Part C: General technical specifications in construction contracts (ATV) - Waterproofing
|Publication Date:||1 September 2016|
|ICS Code (Contractual aspects):||91.010.20|
|ICS Code (Binders. Sealing materials):||91.100.50|
This standard deals with waterproofing using bitumen, bituminous material, metal strips or plastics or rubber sheeting to protect structures against ground moisture, water (including seepage water) exerting hydrostatic pressure and such exerting no hydrostatic pressure, and the associated insulating, separating and protective materials and elements.
It also covers waterproofing
This standard does not cover
- water-resistant concrete (see DIN 18331),
- waterproofing of roofs, including those accommodating extensive roof garden systems (see DIN 18338),
- mastic asphalt work (see DIN 18354),
- sealing of carriageway deck slabs of bridges that form part of public highways,
- sealing associated with earthwork (including tunnelling) and waste disposal sites,
- waterproofing of walls of wet rooms in residential buildings, exposed to splash water.
Clauses 1 to 5 of DIN 18299 shall also apply. In cases where the specifications of DIN 18299 contradict the present standard, the latter shall take precedence.