German construction contract procedures (VOB) - Part C: General technical specifications in construction contracts (ATV) - Timbering to trenchwork
|Publication Date:||1 September 2016|
|ICS Code (Contractual aspects):||91.010.20|
|ICS Code (Earthworks. Excavations. Foundation construction. Underground works):||93.020|
This standard covers the temporary or permanent support of ground as it changes level, river banks and the like, and the securing of the sides of excavations, including trenches, etc.
This standard does not cover
- earthwork in conjunction with timbering work (see DIN 18300),
- drilling and piledriving work associated with bored pile walls, sheetpiling and other types of piling (see DIN 18301 and DIN 18304) and concreting work associated with piling (see DIN 18302 and DIN 18331),
- drilling and grouting work associated with anchors (see DIN 18301 and DIN 18309),
- the support of underground caverns (see DIN 18312),
- making of diaphragm walling (see DIN 18313),
- the construction of components made of concrete that is applied by spraying (see DIN 18314),
- measures to support the ground in landscape work (see DIN 18320),
- strengthening the ground by jet grouting (see DIN 18321), or
- strengthening the ground by freezing or consolidation to a relatively great depth.
DIN 18299, clauses 1 to 5 shall also apply. In cases where the specifications of DIN 18299 contradict the present standard, DIN 18303 shall take precedence.