ABS - 63
RULES FOR BUILDING AND CLASSING FACILITIES ON OFFSHORE INSTALLATIONS 2017
|Publication Date:||1 January 2017|
The requirements in the Rules are applicable to hydrocarbon production and/or processing facilities located on floating or fixed offshore installations, and apply to the following systems and associated equipment:
• Hydrocarbon Production
• Hydrocarbon Processing
• Process Support
• Process Control
• Marine Support
• Instrumentation and Control
• Fire Protection and Personnel Safety The following ABS Rules and Guide, latest edition, are applicable as referenced therein for systems or services other than for the hydrocarbon production and processing facilities.
i) FPI Rules ABS Rules for Building and Classing Floating Production Installations
ii) Offshore Installations Rules ABS Rules for Building and Classing Offshore Installations
iii) Steel Vessel Rules ABS Rules for Building and Classing Steel Vessels
iv) MODU Rules ABS Rules for Building and Classing Mobile Offshore Drilling Units Appropriate flag state and port state authorities are to be consulted for their specific requirements.
• Chapter 2 provides definitions, references, abbreviations and acronyms associated with these Rules.
• Chapter 3 covers requirements for hydrocarbon production and processing facilities on floating installations.
• Chapter 4 covers requirements for hydrocarbon production and processing facilities on fixed installations.
• Chapter 5 covers requirements for survey during and after construction