UL - 2610 BULLETIN
UL Standard for Safety Commercial Premises Security Alarm Units and Systems
|Publication Date:||6 January 2017|
These requirements cover construction, performance, operation, and maintenance of:
a) Central station burglar alarm systems intended and specifically designated for burglaryprotection use at mercantile and banking premises, mercantile safes and vaults, and bank safes and vaults;
b) Police station connected burglar alarm units and systems for use in mercantile premises, mercantile safes and vaults, and bank safes and vaults;
c) Local burglar alarm units and systems for use in mercantile premises, mercantile safes and vaults, and bank safes and vaults;
d) Proprietary burglar alarm units and systems;
e) Holdup alarm systems of the remote-station type intended for installation in banks, stores, cashiers' cages, pay offices, and the like.
f) Digital alarm communicator system units, interconnected to or integral, for use with central station burglar alarm systems, proprietary burglar alarm systems, police station-connected burglar alarm systems, and holdup alarm systems.
g) Power supplies used to provide electrical power and standby power for burglar-alarm equipment in accordance with the following:
1) The requirements of this standard;
2) The Standard for Access Control System Units, UL 294;
3) The Standard for Intrusion-Detection Units, UL 639;
4) The Standard for Household Burglar-Alarm System Units, UL 1023;
5) The Standard for Burglary-Resistant Electric Locking Mechanisms, UL 1034; and
6) The Standard for Antitheft Alarms and Devices, UL 1037.