CEN - EN 16584-3
Railway applications - Design for PRM use - General requirements - Part 3: Optical and friction characteristics
|Publication Date:||1 January 2017|
|ICS Code (Aids for disabled and handicapped persons in general):||11.180.01|
|ICS Code (Railway engineering in general):||45.020|
This European standard describes the specific 'Design for PRM use' requirements applying to both infrastructure and rolling stock and the assessment of those requirements. The following applies to this standard:
- The definitions and requirements describe specific aspects of 'Design for PRM use' required by persons with disabilities and persons with reduced mobility as defined in the PRM TSI.
- This standard defines elements that are universally valid for obstacle free travelling including lighting, contrast, tactile feedback, transmission of visual and acoustic information. The definitions and requirements of this standard cover the infrastructure and rolling stock applications.
- This standard only refers to aspects of accessibility for PRM passengers it does not define non PRM related requirements and definitions.
- This standard assumes that the infrastructure or rolling stock is in its defined operating condition.
- Where minimum or maximum dimensions are quoted these are absolute NOT nominal requirements.
The 'General requirements' standard is written in three parts:
- Part 1 contains:
- Part 2 contains:
- spoken information;
- written information;
- tactile information;
- This document is Part 3 and contains:
- low reflective properties;
- transparent obstacles;
- slip resistance.