Standard: ASME - A17.8
STANDARD FOR WIND TURBINE TOWER ELEVATORS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
ASME A17.8/CSA B44.8 applies to elevators permanently installed in a wind turbine tower to provide vertical transportation of authorized personnel and their tools and equipment only.
Such elevators are typically subjected to extreme temperatures, humidity variations, and substantial horizontal motions where, by reason of their limited use and the types of construction of the structures served, full compliance with ASME A17.1/CSA B44 Part 2 is not practicable or necessary.
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 17.
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 1 of 1.