CSA ISO/IEC 15459-2
Information technology - Automatic identification and data capture techniques - Unique identification - Part 2: Registration procedures
|Publication Date:||1 January 2016|
|ICS Code (Information coding):||35.040|
This part of ISO/IEC 15459 specifies the procedural requirements to maintain identities and outlines the obligations of the Registration Authority.
This part of ISO/IEC 15459 excludes those entities where ISO has designated Maintenance Agencies or Registration Authorities to provide identity and/or identifier schemes. It does not apply to:
- freight containers, because their unique coding is specified in ISO 6346, Freight containers
- Coding, identification and marking;
- vehicles, because their unique identification is specified in ISO 3779, Road vehicles
- Vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Content and structure;
- car radios, because their unique identification is specified in ISO 10486, Passenger cars
- Car radio identification number (CRIN).
The exclusion also applies to:
- ISO 2108, Information and documentation
- International standard book number (ISBN) and ISO 3297, Information and documentation
- International standard serial number (ISSN);
NOTE The scope of each of ISO 2108 and ISO 3297 identifies the title rather than the individual copy of a book or periodical. As such, the level of identification achieved is at a level similar to the unique identity as defined in ISO/IEC 15459-6. Individual copies of a title (book or periodical) may be identified using ISO/IEC 15459-4.