Particular safety requirements for equipment to be connected to information and communication networks
|Publication Date:||1 January 2017|
|ICS Code (Information technology (IT) in general):||35.020|
|ICS Code (Audio, video and audiovisual engineering):||33.160|
This document applies to the interface of equipment designed and intended to be connected as a communication terminal to an information and communication technology (ICT) network termination.
This document does not apply to:
• equipment covered by IEC 62368-1; and
• interfaces to other networks.
NOTE 1 An example of 'other networks' is a dedicated Home and Building Electronic Systems/Building Automation and Control Systems HBES/BACS network covered by EN 50491-3.
This document specifies the safety requirements of the interface to the ICT network only.
NOTE 2 See Annex D.
Requirements additional to those specified in this document may be necessary for
• equipment intended for operation while exposed, for example, to extremes of temperature, to excessive dust, moisture, or vibration, to flammable gases, to corrosive or explosive atmospheres,
• electro medical applications with physical connections to the patient.
The following requirements are not covered by this document:
• functional safety of equipment;
• functional reliability of equipment;
• communication facilities with remote supply using hazardous voltage;
• protection of equipment connected to ICT networks from functional damage.