Minimum Operational Performance Standards for Global Positioning System/Satellite-Based Augmentation System Airborne Equipment
|Publication Date:||15 December 2016|
The changes related to the Minimum Operational Performance Standards for Global Positioning System/Wide Area Augmentation System Airborne Equipment systems, published by RTCA on December 13, 2006 as RTCA DO-229D, and the Change -1 for RTCA DO-229D are contained herein as RTCA DO-229E. This new version has been produced to introduce new PRN codes in order to manage the existing and planned evolutions of SBAS around the world. On very specific cases, clarifications of a requirement and addition of a new requirement have been introduced.
Modifications in this new version of DO-229 include, but are not limited to:
- Correcting typographical and paragraph reference errors;
- Adding clarifying text where issues have been raised, or where clarification is needed to enhance understanding, including IPP computation clarifications and the possibility to enable graceful degradation to RAIM/FDE upon SBAS UNHEALTHY designation.
- Modifying table A-1 to reflect the addition of 20 PRNs and updating other paragraphs in Appendix A where there is relation with the number of PRNs.
- Modifying Appendix T assumptions and GEO bias tool to reflect the addition of 20 PRNs
- Adding a new requirement to prevent the use of the Navigation Message Correction Table and added associated verification
A new tool is also available for use with DO-229E.
FAA Technical Standard Order (TSO) TSO-C145e/C146e reference this standard.