IEC - 62055-41
Electricity metering – Payment systems – Part 41: Standard transfer specification (STS) – Application layer protocol for one-way token carrier systems
|Publication Date:||1 May 2007|
|ICS Code (Application layer):||35.100.70|
|ICS Code (Electricity supply systems):||91.140.50|
This part of IEC 62055 specifies the application layer protocol of the STS for transferring units of credit and other management information from a point-of-sale (POS) system to an STScompliant payment meter in a one-way token carrier system. It is primarily intended for application with electricity payment meters without a tariff employing energy-based tokens, but may also have application with currency-based token systems and for services other than electricity.
• a POSToTokenCarrierInt
• tokens for the application layer protocol to transfer the various messages from the POS to the payment meter;
• security functions and processes in the application layer protocol such as the Standard Transfer Algorithm and the Data Encryption Algorithm, including the generation and distribution of the associated cryptographic keys;
• security functions and processes in the application layer protocol at the payment meter such as decryption algorithms, token authentication, validation and cancellation;
• specific requirements for the MeterApplicationProc
• a scheme for dealing with payment meter functionality in the
• generic requirements for an STS-compliant KeyManagementSystem;
• guidelines for a KeyManagementSystem;
• entities and identifiers used in an STS system;
• a code of practice and maintenance support services from the STS Association.
It is intended for use by manufacturers of payment meters that have to accept tokens that comply with the STS and also by manufacturers of POS systems that have to produce STScompliant tokens and is to be read in conjunction with IEC 62055-5x series.
NOTE 1 Although developed for payment systems for electricity, the standard also makes provision for tokens used in other utility services, such as water and gas.
NOTE 2 STS-compliant products are required to comply with selective parts of this International Standard only, which should be the subject of the purchase contract (see also C.11).