Household and Similar Electrical Appliances - Safety - Part 2-70: Particular Requirements for Milking Machines
|Publication Date:||1 May 2007|
|ICS Code (Other agricultural machines and equipment):||65.060.99|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of milking machines, to be used in stalls and in the open, that are designed for milking farm animals, such as cows, the rated voltage of the milking machine being not more than 250 V for single-phase operation and 480 V for other operations.
NOTE 101 Examples of such machines are:
- bucket milking machines;
- direct-to-can milking machines;
- milking pipeline machines;
- recorder milking machines;
- independent air and milk transport milking machines.
NOTE 102 A detailed description of the types of milking machines covered by this standard is given in ISO 3918 and is indicated in Annex AA.
NOTE 103 The upper limit for the rated voltage of 250 V single-phase may be exceeded in cases where 480 V split-phase motors are required.
NOTE 104 This standard applies to milking sub-assemblies supplied by one manufacturer to form a complete milking machine. It can be used as guidance for the safety of milking machines formed from sub-assemblies supplied by different manufacturers.
NOTE 105 Attention is drawn to the fact that:
- for milking machines intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.