SNZ - AS/NZS 60335.2.8
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.8: Particular requirements for shavers, hair clippers and similar appliances
|Publication Date:||25 October 2013|
Battery-operated appliances and other d.c. supplied appliances are within the scope of this standard. Dual supply appliances, either mains-supplied or battery-operated, are regarded as battery-operated appliances when operated in the battery mode.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric shavers, hair clippers and similar appliances intended for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
NOTE 101 Examples of similar appliances are epilators and those appliances used for manicure and pedicure.
Appliances not intended for normal household use, but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
NOTE 102 Examples of such appliances are animal clippers, animal shearers and appliances for hairdressers.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
NOTE 103 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by national health authorities, national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 104 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- massage appliances (IEC 60335-2-32);
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601).