PACKT - Spring: Developing Java Applications for the Enterprise
|Publication Date:||28 February 2017|
Leverage the power of Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and additional popular web frameworks.
About This Book
• Discover key Spring Framework-related technology standards such as Spring core, Spring-AOP, Spring data access frameworks, and Spring testing to develop robust Java applications easily
• This course is packed with tips and tricks that demonstrate Industry best practices on developing a Spring-MVC-based application
• Learn how to efficiently build and implement microservices in Spring, and how to use Docker and Mesos to push the boundaries and explore new possibilities
Who This Book Is For
This course is intended for Java developers interested in building enterprise-level applications with Spring Framework. Prior knowledge of Java programming and web development concepts (and a basic knowledge of XML) is expected.
What You Will Learn
• Understand the architecture of Spring Framework and how to set up the key components of the Spring Application Development Environment
• Configure Spring Container and manage Spring beans using XML and Annotation
• Practice Spring AOP concepts such as Aspect, Advice, Pointcut, and Introduction
• Integrate bean validation and custom validation
• Use error handling and exception resolving
• Get to grips with REST-based web service development and Ajax
• Use Spring Boot to develop microservices
• Find out how to avoid common pitfalls when developing microservices
• Get familiar with end-to-end microservices written in Spring Framework and Spring Boot
This carefully designed course aims to get you started with Spring, the most widely adopted Java framework, and then goes on to more advanced topics such as building microservices using Spring Boot within Spring. With additional coverage of popular web frameworks such as Struts, WebWork, Java Server Faces, Tapestry, Docker, and Mesos, you'll have all the skills and expertise you need to build great applications.
Starting with the Spring Framework architecture and setting up the key components of the Spring Application Development Environment, you will learn how to configure Spring Container and manage Spring beans using XML and Annotation. Next, you will delve into Spring MVC, which will help you build flexible and loosely coupled web applications. You'll also get to grips with testing applications for reliability. Moving on, this course will help you implement the microservice architecture in Spring Framework, Spring Boot, and Spring Cloud. Written to the latest specifications of Spring, this book will help you build modern, Internet-scale Java applications in no time.
This Learning Path combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
? Learning Spring Application Development by Ravi Kant Soni
? Spring MVC Beginner's Guide - Second Edition by Amuthan Ganeshan
? Spring Microservices by Rajesh RV
Style and approach
This is a step-by-step guide for building a complete application and developing scalable microservices using Spring Framework, Spring Boot, and a set of Spring Cloud components