IEC 61010-2-201 REDLINE
Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use – Part 2-201: Particular requirements for control equipment
|Publication Date:||1 March 2017|
|ICS Code (Test conditions and procedures in general):||19.020|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
|ICS Code (Metrology and measurement in general):||17.020|
This clause of Part 1 is applicable, except as follows.
Equipment included in scope
• This part of IEC 61010 specifies safety requirements and related verification tests for any product performing the function of control equipment and/or their associated peripherals. In addition, these products have as their intended use the command and control of machines, automated manufacturing and industrial processes, e.g. discrete and continuous control. Some equipment examples are: programmable logic controller (PLC);
• programmable automation controller (PAC);
• distributed control systems (DCS);
• remote I/O ;
• industrial PC (computers) and panel PC;
• programming and debugging tools (PADTs);
• displays and human-machine interfaces (HMI);
Components of the above named equipment and in the scope of this standard are:
• (auxiliary) stand-alone power supplies;
• peripherals such as digital and analogue I/O, remote-I/O;
• industrial network equipment.
Control equipment and their associated peripherals are intended to be used in an industrial environment and may be provided as OPEN or ENCLOSED EQUIPMENT.
NOTE 1 Control equipment intended also for use in other environments or for other purposes (example: for use in building installations to control light or other electrical installations, or for use on cars, trains or ships) can have additional conformity requirements defined by the safety standard(s) for these applications. These requirements can involve as example: insulation, spacings and power restrictions.
NOTE 2 Computing devices and similar equipment within the scope of IEC 60950 (planned to be replaced by IEC 62368) and conforming to its requirements are considered to be suitable for use with control equipment within the scope of this standard. However, some of the requirements of IEC 60950 for resistance to moisture and liquids are less stringent than those in IEC 61010-1:2010, 5.4.4 second paragraph.
Control equipment covered in this standard is intended for use in OVERVOLTAGE CATEGORY II, III and IV (IEC 60664-1) in low-voltage installations, where the RATED equipment supply voltage does not exceed AC. 1 000 V r.m.s. (50/60 Hz), or DC 1 000 V.