Standard: MODUK - DEF STAN 00-006
FORDING AND FLOTATION REQUIREMENTS FOR COMBAT AND SUPPORT GROUND VEHICLES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This Standard specifies fording and flotation, also known as swimming, requirements for combat and ground support equipment.
The Standard applies to the following:
a) Future designs of combat and support ground vehicles including Combat Support Vehicles (CSV) and Amphibious Plant Vehicles;
b) Combat and support ground vehicles, currently in the development stage, which could be modified at reasonable cost to embody fording and/or swimming characteristics;
c) Combat and support or ground vehicles in service that could be modified at reasonable cost without major adverse changes to their military characteristics.
This Standard is not applicable to military vehicles having less than Medium Mobility Load Carrier (MMLC) characteristics. General Mobility and Fording requirements are described in Defence Standard 23- 06.
|Organization:||British Defence Standards|
|Document Number:||def stan 00-006|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|