Standard: AAMI 8836
SUCTION CATHETERS FOR USE IN THE RESPIRATORY TRACT
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This International Standard specifies requirements for suction catheters, including closed suction catheters, made of flexible materials and intended for use in suctioning of the respiratory tract.
Angled-tip suction catheters (e.g. Coudé catheters) and suction catheters with aspirator collectors are not considered to be specialized and are therefore included in the scope of this International Standard.
Suction catheters intended for use with flammable anaesthetic gases or agents, lasers or electrosurgical equipment are not covered by this International Standard.
NOTE See ISO/TR 11991 for guidance on airway management during laser surgery of the upper airway
|Organization:||Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation|
|Document Number:||aami 8836|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|