UL - 60079-17
UL Standard for safety Explosive Atmospheres – Part 17: Electrical Installations Inspection and Maintenance
|Publication Date:||12 May 2017|
DR Modification of Clause 1 to replace with the following:
This standard applies to users and covers factors directly related to the inspection and maintenance of electrical installations within hazardous areas only, where the hazard may be caused by flammable gases, vapours, mists, dusts, fibres or flyings.
t does not include:
• other fundamental installation and inspection requirements for electrical installations;
• the verification of electrical equipment;
• the repair and reclamation of explosion protected equipment.
This standard supplements the requirements of NFPA 70B.
In the case of dusts, fibres or flyings the level of housekeeping may influence the inspection and maintenance requirements.
This standard is intended to be applied where there can be a risk due to the presence of explosive gas or dust mixtures with air or combustible dust layers under normal atmospheric conditions. It does not apply to:
• underground mining areas,
• dusts of explosives that do not require atmospheric oxygen for combustion,
• pyrophoric substances.
Where references are made to other IEC 60079 standards, the reference requirements found in these standards apply as modified by any applicable U.S. National Differences.