Hydraulic turbines, storage pumps and pump-turbines – Rehabilitation and performance improvement
|Publication Date:||1 May 2017|
|ICS Code (Hydraulic energy engineering):||27.140|
This document covers turbines, storage pumps and pump-turbines of all sizes and of the following types:
• Pelton (turbines only);
• bulb turbines.
This document also identifies without detailed discussion, other powerhouse equipment that could affect or be affected by a turbine, storage pump, or pump-turbine rehabilitation.
The object of this document is to assist in identifying, evaluating and executing rehabilitation and performance improvement projects for hydraulic turbines, storage pumps and pumpturbines. This document can be used by owners, consultants, and suppliers to define:
• needs and economics for rehabilitation and performance improvement;
• scope of work;
• evaluation of results.
This document is intended to be:
• an aid in the decision process;
• an extensive source of information on rehabilitation;
• an identification of the key milestones in the rehabilitation process;
• an identification of the points to be addressed in the decision processes.
This document is not intended to be a detailed engineering manual nor a maintenance document.