PACKT - ASP.NET Core: Cloud-ready, Enterprise Web Application Development
|Publication Date:||9 June 2017|
Create fast, scalable, and high-performance applications with C# and ASP.NET Core
About This Book
• Get first-principle coverage of the latest ASP.NET Core MVC
• Find out how to bring together the capabilities and features of both Angular 2 and ASP.NET Core
• Discover common areas you might encounter performance problems with and areas you don't need to worry about
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who want to learn to build web applications using ASP.NET Core, those who want to make a career building web applications using Microsoft technology, and those who are working on other web frameworks and want to learn ASP.NET Core.
What You Will Learn
• Get to know the concepts of ASP.NET MVC
• Create a Controller with action methods
• Build a view using several features of the Razor View engine
• Construct a Model for ASP.NET Core MVC application
• Find out how the features of ASP.NET Core and Angular 2 perfectly complement each other
• Handle requests and actions using server-side and client-side Routing
• Create a Data Model using Entity Framework Core
• Learn how to use Angular 2 components and master directives
• Improve performance at the network level and I/O level, and how to optimize the application as a whole
• Monitor performance as part of Continuous Integration and regression testing
ASP.NET Core is the new, open source, and cross-platform, web-application framework from Microsoft. ASP.NET Core MVC helps you build robust web applications using the Model-View-Controlle
Starting with an overview of the MVC pattern, you will quickly dive into the aspects that you need to know to get started with ASP.NET. You will learn about the core architecture of model, view, and control. Integrating your application with Bootstrap, validating user input, interacting with databases, and deploying your application are some of the things that you will learn to execute with this fast-paced guide. You will test your knowledge as you build a fully working sample application using the skills you've learned throughout the book.
Moving forward, this guide will teach you to combine the impressive capabilities of ASP.NET Core and Angular 2. Not only will you learn how Angular 2 can complement your .NET skills and toolkit, you'll also learn everything you need to build a complete, dynamic single-page application. Find out how to get your data model in place and manage an API, before styling and designing your frontend for an exceptional user experience. You will find out how to optimize your application for SEO, identify and secure vulnerabilities, and how to successfully deploy and maintain your application. From here, you will delve into the latest frameworks and software design patterns to improve your application performance.
The course offers premium, highly practical content on the recently released ASP.NET Core, and includes material from the following Packt books: Learning ASP.NET Core MVC Programming, ASP.NET Core and Angular 2, and ASP.NET Core 1.0 High Performance.
Style and approach
This learning path takes a first-principles approach to help you understand and implement ASP.NET MVC solutions.