PACKT - Mastering Spring 5.0
|Publication Date:||28 June 2017|
Develop cloud native applications with microservices using Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Spring Cloud Data Flow
About This Book
• Explore the new features and components in Spring
• Evolve towards micro services and cloud native applications
• Gain powerful insights into advanced concepts of Spring and Spring Boot to develop applications more effectively
• Understand the basics of Kotlin and use it to develop a quick service with Spring Boot
Who This Book Is For This book is for an experienced Java developer who knows the basics of Spring, and wants to learn how to use Spring Boot to build applications and deploy them to the cloud.
What You Will Learn
• Explore the new features in Spring Framework 5.0
• Build microservices with Spring Boot
• Get to know the advanced features of Spring Boot in order to effectively develop and monitor applications
• Use Spring Cloud to deploy and manage applications on the Cloud
• Understand Spring Data and Spring Cloud Data Flow
• Understand the basics of reactive programming
• Get to know the best practices when developing applications with the Spring Framework
• Create a new project using Kotlin and implement a couple of basic services with unit and integration testing
Spring 5.0 is due to arrive with a myriad of new and exciting features that will change the way we've used the framework so far. This book will show you this evolution-from solving the problems of testable applications to building distributed applications on the cloud.
The book begins with an insight into the new features in Spring 5.0 and shows you how to build an application using Spring MVC. You will realize how application architectures have evolved from monoliths to those built around microservices. You will then get a thorough understanding of how to build and extend microservices using Spring Boot. You will also understand how to build and deploy Cloud-Native microservices with Spring Cloud. The advanced features of Spring Boot will be illustrated through powerful examples. We will be introduced to a JVM language that's quickly gaining popularity - Kotlin. Also, we will discuss how to set up a Kotlin project in Eclipse.
By the end of the book, you will be equipped with the knowledge and best practices required to develop microservices with the Spring Framework.
Style and Approach This book follows an end-to-end tutorial approach with lots of examples and sample applications, covering the major building blocks of the Spring framework.