PACKT - Learning Spring 5.0
|Publication Date:||29 June 2017|
Build, test, and secure robust enterprise-grade applications using the Spring Framework
About This Book
• Build an enterprise application throughout the book that communicates with a microservice
• Define and inject dependencies into your objects using the IoC container
• Make use of Spring's reactive features including tools and implement a reactive Spring MVC application
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Java developers who want to make use of the Spring framework to simplify their programming needs.
What You Will Learn
• Get to know the basics of Spring development and gain fundamental knowledge about why and where to use Spring Framework
• Explore the power of Beans using Dependency Injection, wiring, and Spring Expression Language
• Implement and integrate a persistent layer in your application and also integrate an ORM such as Hibernate
• Understand how to manage cross-cutting with logging mechanism, transaction management, and more using Aspect-oriented programming
• Explore Spring MVC and know how to handle requesting data and presenting the response back to the user
• Get to grips with the integration of RESTful APIs and Messaging with WebSocket and STOMP
• Master Reactive Programming using Spring MVC to handle non-blocking streams
Spring is the most widely used framework for Java programming and with its latest update to 5.0, the framework is undergoing massive changes. Built to work with both Java 8 and Java 9, Spring 5.0 promises to simplify the way developers write code, while still being able to create robust, enterprise applications.
If you want to learn how to get around the Spring framework and use it to build your own amazing applications, then this book is for you.
Beginning with an introduction to Spring and setting up the environment, the book will teach you in detail about the Bean life cycle and help you discover the power of wiring for dependency injection. Gradually, you will learn the core elements of Aspect-Oriented Programming and how to work with Spring MVC and then understand how to link to the database and persist data configuring ORM, using Hibernate.
You will then learn how to secure and test your applications using the Spring-test and Spring-Security modules. At the end, you will enhance your development skills by getting to grips with the integration of RESTful APIs, building microservices, and doing reactive programming using Spring, as well as messaging with WebSocket and STOMP.
Style and approach
Filled with examples, this tutorial-based book will help you gain all the knowledge you need to start producing enterprise-grade applications with Spring.