PACKT - Bootstrap 4 – Responsive Web Design
|Publication Date:||6 July 2017|
Unearth the potential of Bootstrap with step-by-step guidance.
About This Book
• An applied guide exploring web application development with Bootstrap 4
• Learn responsive web design and discover how to build mobile-ready websites with ease
• Become an expert in Bootstrap framework, and speed up frontend development and prototyping through real-life examples
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
• Discover how to use Bootstrap's components and elements, and customize them for your own projects
• Understand the framework's usage in the best way with the recommended development patterns
• Use Sass to customize your existing themes
• Apply the Bootstrap mobile-first grid system and add responsiveness and aesthetic touches to image elements
• Customize the behavior and features of Bootstrap's jQuery Plugins extensively
• Style various types of content and learn how to build a page's layout from scratch by applying the power of Bootstrap 4
• Work with content, such as tables and figures
Bootstrap framework's ease-of-use (along with its cross-browser compatibility, support for mobile user interfaces, and responsive web design capabilities) makes it an essential building block for any modern web application.
With the first module, plunge into the Bootstrap frontend framework with the help of examples that will illustrate the use of each element and component in a proper way. You will get a better understanding of what is happening and where you want to reach. Also, you will gain confidence with the framework and develop some very common examples using Bootstrap. All these examples are explained step by step and in depth.
The second module is a comprehensive tutorial; we'll teach you everything that you need to know to start building websites with Bootstrap 4 in a practical way. You'll learn about build tools such as Node, Grunt, and many others. You'll also discover the principles of mobile-first design in order to ensure that your pages can fit any screen size and meet responsive requirements. Learn Bootstrap's grid system and base CSS to ensure that your designs are robust and that your development process is speedy and efficient.
Right from the first chapter of the third module, you'll delve into building a customized Bootstrap website from scratch. Get to grips with Bootstrap's key features and quickly discover the various ways in which Bootstrap can help you develop web interfaces. Once you reach the final pages of this book, you should have mastered the framework's ins and outs, and should be building highly customizable and optimized web interfaces.
The course will enable you to rapidly build elegant, powerful, and responsive interfaces for professional-level web pages using Bootstrap 4.
This Learning Path combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
• Bootstrap by Example - by Silvio Moreto
• Learning Bootstrap 4, Second Edition - by Matt Lambert
• Mastering Bootstrap 4 - by Benjamin Jakobus and Jason Marah
Style and approach
This course will help you unearth the potential of Bootstrap and will provide a step-by-step guide on how to create beautiful websites and model web applications.