PACKT - Cross-platform Desktop Application Development: Electron, Node, NW.js, and React
|Publication Date:||27 July 2017|
Build powerful cross-platform desktop applications with web technologies such as Node, NW.JS, Electron, and React
About This Book
• Build different cross-platform HTML5 desktop applications right from planning, designing, and deployment to enhancement, testing, and delivery
• Forget the pain of cross-platform compatibility and build efficient apps that can be easily deployed on different platforms.
• Build simple to advanced HTML5 desktop apps, by integrating them with other popular frameworks and libraries such as Electron, Node.JS, Nw.js, React, Redux, and TypeScript
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
• Plan, design, and develop different cross-platform desktop apps
• Application architecture with React and local state
• Application architecture with React and Redux store
• Code design with TypeScript interfaces and specialized types
• CSS and component libraries such as Photonkit, Material UI, and React MDL
• HTML5 APIs such as desktop notifications, WebSockets, WebRTC, and others
• Desktop environment integration APIs of NW.js and Electron
• Package and distribute for NW.JS and Electron
As the second application you will build a chat-system example implemented with Electron and React. While developing the chat app, you will get Photonkit. Next, you will create a screen capturer with NW.JS, React, and Redux.
Finally, you will examine an RSS-reader built with TypeScript, React, Redux, and Electron. Generic UI components will be reused from the React MDL library. By the end of the book, you will have built four desktop apps. You will have covered everything from planning, designing, and development to the enhancement, testing, and delivery of these apps.
Style and approach
Filled with real world examples, this book teaches you to build cross-platform desktop apps right from scratch using a step-by-step approach.