PACKT - Rust Cookbook
|Publication Date:||27 July 2017|
75-80 recipes for learning Rust programming
About This Book
• Learn to build high-performance Rust units and integrate them into your existing application
• Work through recipes on performance, robustness, security, memory management, and scalability
• Work through recipes to build foreign function interface with C, JS, and Python
Who This Book Is For
If you want to write Rust programs, then this book is for you. This book is for those who have a basic knowledge of Rust or any programming language. If you are a C/C developer who is migrating to Rust for various reasons, this book is ideal for you.
What You Will Learn
• Understand system programming language problems and see how Rust provides unique solutions
• Get to know the core concepts of Rust to develop fast and safe applications
• Explore the possibility of integrating Rust units into existing applications to make them more efficient
• Achieve better parallelism, security, and performance
• Explore ways to package your Rust application and ship it for deployment in a production environment
• Discover how to build web applications and services using Rust to provide high-performance to the end user
If you are building concurrent applications, server-side programs, or high-performance applications, you will benefit from this language. This book comes with a lot of application-specific
This book will help you understand the core concepts of the Rust language, enabling you to develop efficient and high-performance applications by incorporating features such as zero cost abstraction and better memory management.
We'll delve into advanced-level concepts such as error handling, macros, crates, and parallelism in Rust. Toward the end of the book, you will learn how to create HTTP servers and web services, building a strong foundational knowledge in server-side programming and enabling you to deliver solutions to build high-performance and safer production-level web applications and services using Rust.
Style and approach
This book helps you learn the core concepts of Rust faster by taking a recipe-based approach, where you can try out different code snippets to understand a concept.