MCGRAW - Commercial Aviation Safety, Sixth Edition
|Publication Date:||1 January 2017|
Up-to-date coverage of every aspect of commercial aviation safety. Completely revised to fully align with current U.S. and international regulations, this hands-on resource clearly explains the principles and practices of commercial aviation safety-from accident investigations to safety management systems. Commercial Aviation Safety, Sixth Edition, delivers authoritative information on today's risk management on the ground and in the air.
The book offers the latest procedures, flight technologies, and accident statistics. You will learn about new and evolving challenges, such as lasers, drones (unmanned aerial vehicles), cyberattacks, aircraft icing, and software bugs. Chapter outlines, review questions, and real-world incident examples are featured throughout.
• ICAO, FAA, EPA, TSA, and OSHA regulations
• NTSB and ICAO accident investigation processes
• Recording and reporting of safety data
• U.S. and international aviation accident statistics
• Accident causation models
• Human factors analysis and classification system (HFACS)
• Crew resource management (CRM) and threat and error management (TEM)
• Aviation safety reporting system (ASRS) and flight data monitoring (FDM)
• Aircraft and air traffic control technologies and safety systems
• Airport safety, including runway incursions
• Aviation security, including the threats of intentional harm and terrorism
• International and U.S. aviation safety management systems
Author: Stephen K. Cusick, J.D., Antonio I. Cortés, Ph.D., Clarence C. Rodrigues, Ph.D.