Requirements and capabilities for next generation network service integration and delivery environment
|Publication Date:||1 April 2011|
The objective of this Recommendation is to provide requirements and capabilities for a service integration and delivery environment (SIDE) in NGN (NGN-SIDE) in order to support the following main functionalities in the NGN-SIDE ecosystem:
- integration of resources from different domains (e.g., telecommunication domain (fixed and mobile networks), broadcasting domain, internet domain or content provider domain) over NGN;
- adaptation, including abstraction and virtualization, of resources from different domains;
- resource brokering for mediation among applications and resources;
- support of the application development environment for application developers;
- support of different service interfaces across ANI, UNI, SNI and NNI for exposure of NGN-SIDE capabilities and access to resources in different domains;
- provision of mechanisms for the support of diverse applications including cloud services, machine-to-machine, and ubiquitous sensor network (USN) applications;
- provision of mechanisms for the support of applications making usage of context based information;
- provision of mechanisms for content management.
In this Recommendation, clause 6 provides an overview of the NGN-SIDE ecosystem, clause 7 describes the NGN-SIDE functional framework, clause 8 identifies NGN-SIDE requirements, clause 9 describes NGN-SIDE capabilities, clause 10 provides NGN-SIDE interface requirements, clause 11 provides security considerations and Annex A provides relationship between capabilities of NGN-SIDE and [ITU-T Y.2234].