STEEL, SHEET, COLD ROLLED, DUAL PHASE (CR DP) ***TO BE USED WITH FORD WSS-M99P1111-A***
|Publication Date:||8 September 2017|
The materials defined by these Global specifications are hot rolled or cold rolled steel sheet with specified tensile strengths from 450 MPa to 1700 MPa, suitable for cold forming such as stamping, roll forming and tube making, and use in automotive applications.
The specification applies to uncoated and coated steel sheet generally categorized as advanced high strength steels:
- Dual Phase (ferrite and martensite microstructure, including grades with low and high yield, DP)
- Dual Phase Improved Formability (ferrite, martensite and retained austenite, DH)
- Ferrite-Bainite (ferrite and bainite microstructure, High Hole Expansion, FB)
- "Multi-Phase" or "Complex Phase" (ferrite, martensite, bainite plus precipitation hardening, MP)
- Retained Austenite (designed with expected amounts of retained austenite, RA)
- Martensitic (mainly martensitic microstructure, MS) The steel sheet may achieve its final thickness by cold rolling, hot rolling, continuous thin-strip casting, or other means. All requirements of the specific variant are to be met regardless of the final thickness reduction method.
Specification WSS-M1P94-A shall be used where pre-coating by the steel supplier is required. All requirements of the specific variant are to be met with or without pre-coating, except as noted in these specifications or as noted as exceptions on the Engineering Drawing.