CSA ISO/IEC 15504-5
Information technology - Process assessment - Part 5: An exemplar software life cycle process assessment model
|Publication Date:||1 January 2013|
|ICS Code (Software):||35.080|
This part of ISO/IEC 15504 provides an example of a Process Assessment Model for use in performing a conformant assessment in accordance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 15504-2.
This part of ISO/IEC 15504 is structured as follows.
- Clause 4 provides a detailed description of the structure and key components of the Process Assessment Model, which includes two dimensions: a process dimension and a capability dimension; assessment indicators are introduced in this clause.
- Clause 5 addresses the process dimension. It uses process definitions from ISO/IEC 12207:2008 to identify a Process Reference Model. The processes of the Process Reference Model are described in the Process Assessment Model in terms of purpose and outcomes and are grouped in three process categories. The Process Assessment Model expands the Process Reference Model process definitions by including a set of process performance indicators called base practices for each process. The Process Assessment Model also defines a second set of indicators of process performance by associating work products with each process. Annex B is also linked directly to Clause 5 as it defines the work product characteristics.
- Clause 6 addresses the capability dimension. It duplicates the definitions of the capability levels and process attributes from ISO/IEC 15504-2, and expands each of the nine attributes through the inclusion of a set of generic practices. These generic practices belong to a set of indicators of process capability, in association with generic resource indicators, and generic work product indicators.
- Annex A provides a statement of conformance of the Process Assessment Model to the requirements defined in ISO/IEC 15504-2.
- Annex B provides selected characteristics for typical work products to assist the assessor in evaluating the capability level of processes.
- Annex C contains style guides for defining base practices, work products and generic practices for adjusting the Process Assessment Model, and guidance explaining how to expand or adapt the model.
- Annex D presents some processes supplementary to the Process Assessment Model.
NOTE Copyright release for the Exemplar Process Assessment Model: Users of this part of ISO/IEC 15504 may freely reproduce the detailed descriptions contained in the exemplar assessment model as part of any tool or other material to support the performance of process assessments, so that it can be used for its intended purpose.