Verification of onshore LNG and gas facilities
|Publication Date:||1 August 2017|
Scope of application for verification
This specification may be adopted for the verification of parts of onshore liquefied natural gas and gas receiving facilities during the project development phase starting from detailed design up to and including commissioning and start-up.
The LNG and gas facilities covered in this specification comprise the following critical systems:
- support structures and foundations
- non-cryogenic critical vessels, piping and equipment
- cryogenic critical vessels, piping and equipment (including transfer piping)
- LNG storage tanks
- open hazardous drains
- pressure relief systems
- ignition prevention and control systems
- emergency shutdown system
- blowdown system
- fire and gas detection system
- fire and blast protection
- emergency power supply
- escape and evacuation means
- emergency communication systems
- environmental control.
which are applied in various configurations and tailored to each particular project's specific requirements. The specification does not cover the following:
- Jetty, mooring and marine related facilities (with the exception of the shore based transfer systems and associated safety equipment. Jetty structures are covered by DNVGL-SE-0477).
- The import and export pipelines within plant battery limits (this is covered by DNVGL-SE-0475).
Compliance to CE marking directives such as Pressure Equipment Directive (2014/68/EU), Machinery Equipment Directive 2006/42/EC and Explosion Proof Devices ATEX 2014/34/EU which are applicable in the European Community are not covered in this specification.
This SE describes the principle of a levelled verification involvement, where the extent of verification involvement is linked to the risks associated with part or all of the facility.
The primary scope of DNV GL's verification work is the verification of the integrity of gas facilities and the safety of its personnel and those in close proximity to it. Other aspects, such as the verification of the environmental safety of the facility, or its ability to meet the client's business objectives, may be included in DNV GL's scope of work if desired by the client.
Statutory verification (or certification) of onshore gas facilities to the requirements of national authorities is not included specifically in the scope of application of this SE. Such verification (or certification) shall be governed by the regulations of the relevant authority. However, if detailed procedures are not given by these authorities, this SE will be applied by DNV GL for its work.