Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code
|Publication Date:||1 January 2018|
This code shall apply to the storage, handling, and use of flammable and combustible liquids, including waste liquids, as herein defined and classified.
Δ This code shall not apply to the following:
* Any liquid that has a melting point of 100°F (37.8°C) or greater
* Any liquid that does not meet the criteria for fluidity given in the definition of liquid in Chapter 3 and in the provisions of Chapter 4
Any cryogenic fluid or liquefied gas, as defined in Chapter 3
* Any liquid that does not have a flash point, but which is capable of burning under certain conditions
* Any aerosol product
Any mist, spray, or foam
* Transportation of flammable and combustible liquids as governed by the U.S. Department of Transportation
* Storage, handling, and use of fuel oil tanks and containers connected with oil-burning equipment
* Use and installation of alcohol-based hand rub (ABHR) dispensers
The purpose of this code shall be to provide fundamental safeguards for the storage, handling, and use of flammable and combustible liquids.
Δ = Text deletions and figure/table revisions.