ICC I-CODE ORFC
I-Codes: ORFC - OREGON FIRE CODE
|Publication Date:||1 January 2014|
This code establishes regulations affecting or relating to structures, processes, premises and safeguards regarding:
1. The hazard of fire and explosion arising from the storage, handling or use of structures, materials or devices;
2. Conditions hazardous to life, property or public welfare in the occupancy of structures or premises;
3. Fire hazards in the structure or on the premises from occupancy or operation;
4. Matters related to the construction, extension, repair, alteration or removal of fire suppression or alarm systems; and
5. Conditions affecting the safety of fire fighters and emergency responders during emergency operations.
The following governmental subdivisions may have other regulations as long as such regulations are consistent with OAR Chapter 837, Division 39. A water district under Oregon Administrative Rule (OAR) 264.342 or a city or county, subject to consent as required by Oregon Revised Statute (ORS) 478.924, or a rural fire protection district under ORS 478.910.
Construction and design provisions. The construction and design provisions of this code shall apply to:
1. Structures, facilities and conditions arising after the adoption of this code.
2. Existing structures, facilities and conditions not legally in existence at the time of adoption of this code.
3. Existing structures, facilities and conditions when required in Chapter 11.
4. Existing structures, facilities and conditions which, in the opinion of the fire code official, constitute a distinct hazard to life or property.