CSA - CAN/CSA-C22.2 NO. 60335-2-72:17
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-72: Particular requirements for floor treatment machines with or without traction drive, for commercial use
|Publication Date:||1 January 2017|
|ICS Code (Cleaning appliances):||97.080|
This International Standard deals with the safety of powered ride-on and powered WALK-BEHIND MACHINES intended for commercial indoor or outdoor use for the following applications:
- wet or dry pick-up,
- application of wax, sealing products and powder based detergents,
- shampooing of floors with an artificial surface.
Their cleaning motion is more linear than lateral or periodic
NOTE 101 By contrast, the cleaning motion of machines covered by IEC 60335-2-67 is more lateral or periodic than linear.
NOTE 102 This standard applies to machines for COMMERCIAL USE. The following list, although not comprehensive, gives an indication of locations that are included in the scope:
- public use areas such as hotels, schools, hospitals;
- industrial locations, for example factories and manufacturing shops;
- retail outlets, for example shops and supermarkets;
- business premises, for example offices and banks;
- all uses other than normal housekeeping purposes.
They may be equipped with a TRACTION DRIVE system. The following power systems are covered:
- internal combustion engines,
- mains powered motors up to a RATED VOLTAGE of 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances,
- battery powered motors.
Battery powered machines may be equipped with a built-in battery charger.
This standard does not apply to
- floor treatment appliances for household use according to IEC 60335-2-10;
- floor treatment machines for COMMERCIAL USE according to IEC 60335-2-67
- spray extraction machines for COMMERCIAL USE (IEC 60335-2-68);
- wet and dry vacuum cleaners, including power brush, for COMMERCIAL USE (IEC 60335-2-69);
- road sweepers;
NOTE 103 In Europe, EN 13019 covers road sweepers.
- machines designed for use on SLOPES with a gradient exceeding 20 %;
- machines equipped with a power take-off (PTO);
- machines designed for use in corrosive or explosive environments (dust, vapour or gas);
- machines designed for picking up hazardous dusts (as defined in IEC 60335-2-69), inflammable substances, or glowing particles;
- machines designed for use in vehicles or on board of ships or aircraft.
NOTE 104 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- in many countries additional requirements on the safe use of the equipment covered can be specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities;
- RIDE-ON MACHINES designed for transport over public roads can be subject to additional requirements (e.g. lighting, license plate etc.).
1DV.1 DE Modify by replacing the second sentence following Note 102 and the dashed list with the following:
They include the following energy sources or power systems, or combinations of them:
- mains up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances,
- internal combustion engines;
- batteries supplying 150 V or less;
- double layer (ultra) capacitors;
- fuel cells.
Energy sources or power systems utilizing both BATTERY and mains are excluded.
1DV.2 DE Modify the first four dashed items by replacing with the following:
- floor treatment appliances for household use according to CAN/CSA-E60335-2-10 / CSA C22.2 No. 243 / UL 1017;
- floor treatment machines for COMMERCIAL USE according to CAN/CSA-E60335-2-67 / CSA C22.2 No. 10 / UL 561;
- spray extraction machines for COMMERCIAL USE (CAN/CSA-E60335-2-68
- wet and dry vacuum cleaners, including power brush, for COMMERCIAL USE (CAN/CSA-E60335-2-69
1.101.DV DR Add the following clause to the Part 1:
Except as noted, powered cleaning machines covered by this standard, other than mains supplied machines, are those identified by NFPA 505 as Types E, EE, ES, CGH, CNS, G, GS, D, DS, LP, LPS, CN, G/LP, GS/LPS, G/CN, and GS/CNS. Not covered by this standard are NFPA 505 Types EX, DY, and DX.
NOTE Additional requirements applicable to machine designations that include the letters "EE" or "S" can be found in Annexes 101.DVD and 101.DVE.