PACKT - Implementing Cisco Networking Solutions
|Publication Date:||29 September 2017|
Learn the art of designing, implementing, and managing Cisco's networking solutions on datacenters, wirelessly, security and mobility to set up an Enterprise network.
About This Book
• Implement Cisco's networking solutions on datacenters and wirelessly, Cloud, Security, and Mobility
• Leverage Cisco IOS to manage network infrastructures.
• A practical guide that will show how to troubleshoot common issues on the network. Who This Book Is For This book is targeted at network designers and IT engineers who are involved in designing, configuring, and operating enterprise networks, and are in taking decisions to make the necessary network changes to meet newer business needs such as evaluating new technology choices, enterprise growth, and adding new services on the network. The reader is expected to have a general understanding of the fundamentals of networking, including the OSI stack and IP addressing.
What You Will Learn
• Understand the network lifecycle approach
• Get to know what makes a good network design
• Design components and technology choices at various places in the network (PINS)
• Work on sample configurations for network devices in the LAN/ WAN/ DC, and the wireless domain
• Get familiar with the configurations and best practices for securing the network
• Explore best practices for network operations
Most enterprises use Cisco networking equipment to design and implement their networks. However, some networks outperform networks in other enterprises in terms of performance and meeting new business demands, because they were designed with a visionary approach. The book starts by describing the various stages in the network lifecycle and covers the plan, build, and operate phases. It covers topics that will help network engineers capture requirements, choose the right technology, design and implement the network, and finally manage and operate the network. It divides the overall network into its constituents depending upon functionality, and describe the technologies used and the design considerations for each functional area. The areas covered include the campus wired network, wireless access network, WAN choices, datacenter technologies, and security technologies. It also discusses the need to identify business-critical applications on the network, and how to prioritize these applications by deploying QoS on the network. Each topic provides the technology choices, and the scenario, involved in choosing each technology, and provides configuration guidelines for configuring and implementing solutions in enterprise networks.
Style and approach
A step-by-step practical guide that ensures you implement Cisco solutions such as enterprise networks, cloud, and data centers, on small-to-large organizations.