PACKT - Modern R Programming Cookbook
|Publication Date:||10 October 2017|
Recipes for emerging developers in R programming and data scientists to simplify their R programming capabilities
About This Book
• Develop strategies to speed up your R code
• Tackle programming problems and explore both functional and object-oriented programming techniques
• Learn how to address the core problems of programming in R with the most popular R packages for common tasks
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who would like to enhance the R programming skills. Basic knowledge of R programming is assumed.
What You Will Learn
• Install R and its various IDE for a given platform along with installing libraries from different repositories and version control
• Learn about basic data structures in R and how to work with them
• Write customized R functions and handle recursions, exceptions in R environments
• Create the data processing task as a step by step computer program and execute using dplyr
• Extract and process unstructured text data
• Interact with database management system to develop statistical applications
• Formulate and implement parallel processing in R
R is a powerful tool for statistics, graphics, and statistical programming. It is used by tens of thousands of people daily to perform serious statistical analyses. It is a free, open source system whose implementation is the collective accomplishment of many intelligent, hard-working people. There are more than 2,000 available add-ons, and R is a serious rival to all commercial statistical packages. The objective of this book is to show how to work with different programming aspects of R. The emerging R developers and data science could have very good programming knowledge but might have limited understanding about R syntax and semantics. Our book will be a platform develop practical solution out of real world problem in scalable fashion and with very good understanding. You will work with various versions of R libraries that are essential for scalable data science solutions. You will learn to work with Input / Output issues when working with relatively larger dataset. At the end of this book readers will also learn how to work with databases from within R and also what and how meta programming helps in developing applications.
Style and approach
This book will be a companion for R programmer and emerging developers in R programming areas. This book will contain recipes related to advanced R programming which will enable users to solve complex problems efficiently.