PACKT - Software Defined Networking with OpenFlow
|Publication Date:||25 October 2017|
Master OpenFlow concepts to improve and make your projects efficient with the help of Software-Defined Networking.
About This Book
• Master the required platforms and tools to build network applications with OpenFlow
• Get to grips with the updated OpenFlow and build robust SDN-based solutions
• An end-to-end thorough overview of open-source switches, controllers, and tools
Who This Book Is For
If you are a network/system administrator or a system engineer and would like to implement OpenFlow concepts and take Software-Defined Networking on your projects to the next level, then this book is for you. If you are aware of broad networking concepts, and are familiar with the day-to-day operation of computer networks, you will find this book very beneficial.
What You Will Learn
• Explore Software-Defined Networking and activities around SDN/OpenFlow including OpenFlow messages
• Hardware and software implementations of OpenFlow switches and experiment with Mininet GUI
• Learn about the role of OpenFlow in cloud computing by configuring and setting up the Neutron and Floodlight OpenFlow controller plugins
• Simulate and test utilities, and familiarize yourself with OpenFlow soft switches, controllers, virtualization, and orchestration tools
• Enhance and build environments for Net App development by installing VM's and tools such as Mininet and Wireshark
• Learn about hardware and software switches and get a feel for active open-source projects around SDN and OpenFlow
OpenFlow paves the way for an open, centrally programmable structure, thereby accelerating the effectiveness of Software-Defined Networking.
Software-Defined Networking with OpenFlow, Second Edition takes you through the product cycle and gives you an in-depth description of the components and options that are available at each stage. The aim of this book is to help you implement OpenFlow concepts and improve Software-Defined Networking on your projects. You will begin by learning about building blocks and OpenFlow messages such as controller-to-switch
By the end of this book, you will be able to implement OpenFlow concepts and improve Software-Defined Networking in your projects.
Style and approach
This book is an easy-to-follow and pragmatic guide networking. Each topic adopts a logical approach and provides hints to help you build and deliver SDN Solutions efficiently.