Cable networks for television signals, sound signals and interactive services Part 3: Active wideband equipment for cable networks
|Publication Date:||1 November 2017|
|ICS Code (Cabled distribution systems):||33.060.40|
|ICS Code (Television and radio broadcasting):||33.170|
This part of IEC 60728 specifies the measuring methods, performance requirements and data publication requirements for active wideband equipment of cable networks for television signals, sound signals and interactive services.
• applies to all amplifiers used in cable networks;
• covers the frequency range 5 MHz to 3 000 MHz;
NOTE The upper limit of 3 000 MHz is an example, but not a strict value.
• applies to one-way and two-way equipment;
• specifies the basic methods of measurement of the operational characteristics of the active equipment in order to assess the performance of this equipment;
• identifies the performance specifications to be published by the manufacturers;
• states the minimum performance requirements of certain parameters.