O-Rings for Quick Connector Fittings for Fuel Systems
|Publication Date:||1 November 2017|
Material Description. Materials covered by this specification are divided into seven (7) types.
• Type A: Fluorosilicone rubber (FVMQ)/fluorocarbon rubber (FKM), color code: brown.
• Type B: FVMQ, color code: yellow.
• Type C: FVMQ/FKM, optional FKM, color code: black. The material of this O-ring must meet the conductivity requirement of Table 1 (Volume Resistance).
• Type D: Hydrogenated nitrile butadiene rubber (HNBR), color code: red brown. This type of O-ring is only to be used for fuel vapor line connections which are outside of the engine compartment.
• Type E: FKM, color code: green.
• Type F: Drawing defined (e.g., using SAE J200 or ASTM D2000 line callout).
• Type G: FKM, Low durometer, and low tensile modulus.
Symbols. Not applicable.
Applicability. This specification covers the materials and performance of elastomeric O-rings, used for quick connector fittings for fuel systems lines. Quick connectors contain two (2) different O-rings: one (1) for reduction of fuel permeation (Type A, Type C, Type E or Type G) and one (1) for cold resistance properties (generally Type B for liquid fuel applications, Type D for fuel vapor applications). If no type designation is given on the blueprint or in the math data, the O-rings required to be used must be one (1) of Type A and one (1) of Type B.