Standard: IEC 60079-15 REDLINE
EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERES – PART 15: EQUIPMENT PROTECTION BY TYPE OF PROTECTION "N"
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This part of IEC 60079 specifies requirements for the construction, testing and marking for Group II electrical equipment with type of protection “n” which includes; sealed devices “nC”, hermetically sealed devices “nC”, non-incendive components “nC” and restricted breathing enclosures “nR” intended for use in explosive gas atmospheres. This part of IEC 60079 applies to electrical equipment where the rated input voltage does not exceed 15 kV r.m.s. AC or DC including where the internal working voltages of the Ex product exceeds 15 kV, for example starters for HID luminaires.
This part of IEC 60079 supplements and modifies the general requirements of IEC 60079-0, except as indicated in Table 1. Where a requirement of this part of IEC 60079 conflicts with a requirement of IEC 60079-0, the requirement of this part of IEC 60079 takes precedence.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 60079-15 redline|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 32.
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 1 of 1.