IEC 60335-2-58 REDLINE
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-58: Particular requirements for commercial electric dishwashing machines
|Publication Date:||1 December 2017|
|ICS Code (Dishwashers):||97.040.40|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electrically operated dishwashing machines for washing plates, dishes, glassware, cutlery and similar articles, with or without means for water heating or drying, not intended for household use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral and 480 V for other appliances.
NOTE 101 These appliances are used for example in restaurants, canteens, hospitals, and commercial enterprises such as bakeries, butcheries, etc.
NOTE 102 Examples of such appliances are
- conveyor dishwashers;
- batch dishwashers;
- brush machines.
Requirements to avoid backsiphonage of non-potable water into the water mains are specified in Annex BB.
The electrical part of appliances making use of other forms of energy is also within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances.
NOTE 103 Attention is drawn to the fact that:
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified for pressure appliances.
NOTE 104 This standard does not apply to:
- appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes, for example machines used in the food industry for cleaning receptacles that serve as packaging for final products (e.g. bottle-cleaning machines), and machines used in manufacturing processes;
- sterilizers and washer-disinfectors used to treat medical materials (IEC 61010-2-040);
- dishwashers that do not form one functional unit, for example where a transportation device transfers the load from one separate unit to another;
- separately driven transport devices not confined in the appliance;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).