DIN EN 71-14
Safety of toys - Part 14: Trampolines for domestic use (includes Amendment A1:2017)
|Publication Date:||1 November 2017|
|ICS Code (Toys):||97.200.50|
This European Standard specifies requirements and test methods for trampolines for domestic use, their access devices and their enclosures, intended for outdoor and/or indoor use above ground level by one person at a time. The scope of this European Standard excludes:
- trampolines used as gymnastic equipment, covered by EN 13219;
- floating inflatable trampolines, covered by the EN 15649 series;
- trampolines used in public playgrounds;
- inclined mat trampolines;
- inflatable trampolines;
- fitness trampolines, including trampolines for medical use;
- trampolines with additional features, e.g. tents, basket ball hoop;
- trampolines for domestic use buried at ground level.
Trampolines for domestic use often have properties similar to those classified as sports equipment. However, only trampolines intended for domestic use, regardless of size, are covered by the scope of this standard.
This standard does not cover the hazards associated with trampolines that are buried at ground level. The hazards associated with the use of such trampolines are different from those associated with the use of trampolines that are not buried, and have not been assessed and addressed.
The requirements in this standard take into account the presence of a parent or adult carer in charge of the surveillance of the user of the trampoline.