ETSI - EN 303 980
Satellite Earth Stations and Systems (SES); Harmonised Standard for fixed and in-motion Earth Stations communicating with non-geostationary satellite systems (NEST) in the 11 GHz to 14 GHz frequency bands covering essential requirements of article 3.2 of Directive 2014/53/EU
|Publication Date:||1 March 2017|
The present document specifies technical characteristics and methods of measurements for fixed and in-motion Earth Stations communicating with non-geostationary satellite systems (NEST) in the 11 GHz to 14 GHz FSS frequency bands, which have the following characteristics:
• The NEST is designed for both in-motion and stationary operation.
• The NEST operates in-motion on various platforms such as trains, maritime vessels, aircraft and other vehicles and, therefore, may be subject to occasional disturbances and interruptions in the satellite link.
• The NEST is operating as part of a satellite system used for the provision of broadband communications.
• The NEST is comprised of all the equipment, electrical and mechanical, from the antenna itself to the interface with other communications equipment on a mobile platform.
• The NEST comprises one or more emitters and the system overview as given in figure 1 should be interpreted accordingly.
• The transmit and receive frequencies are shown in table 1.
• The NEST transmits within the frequency range from 14,0 GHz to 14,50 GHz.
• The NEST receives within the range from 10,70 GHz to 12,75 GHz.
• The NEST transmits at elevation angles relative to the local horizon of 50° or greater.
• The NEST uses linear or circular polarization.
• The NEST communicates with non-geostationary satellites.
• The NEST is designed for unattended operation.
• The NEST is controlled and monitored by a Network Control Facility (NCF). The NCF is outside the scope of the present document
The present document applies to the NEST with its ancillary equipment and its various telecommunication ports, and when operated within the boundary limits of the operational environmental profile as declared by the applicant and when installed as required by the applicant's declaration or in the user documentation
The present document covers the essential requirements of article 3.2 of Directive 2014/53/EU under the conditions identified in annex A