CRC - YE11859
Craig's Soil Mechanics, Eighth Edition
|Publication Date:||9 February 2012|
Now in its eighth edition, this bestselling text continues to blend clarity of explanation with depth of coverage to present students with the fundamental principles of soil mechanics. From the foundations of the subject through to its application in practice, Craig's Soil Mechanics provides an indispensable companion to undergraduate courses and beyond.
New to this edition:
- Rewritten throughout in line with Eurocode 7, with reference to other international standards
- Restructured into two major sections dealing with the basic concepts and theories in soil mechanics and the application of these concepts within geotechnical engineering design
- New topics include limit analysis techniques, in-situ testing, and foundation systems
- Additional material on seepage, soil stiffness, the critical state concept, and foundation design
- Enhanced pedagogy including a comprehensive glossary, learning outcomes, summaries, and visual examples of real-life engineering equipment
Also new to this edition is an extensive companion website comprising innovative spreadsheet tools for tackling complex problems, digital datasets to accompany worked examples and problems, a password-protected solutions manual for lecturers covering the end-of-chapter problems, weblinks, extended case studies, and more.