DODD 1402.03 VOL 2 CE-02
Senior Executive Service (SES), Senior Level (SL) and Scientific and Professional (ST) Personnel Categories in the DoD Fourth Estate: Executive Resources Management
|Publication Date:||20 April 2017|
a. Instruction. This instruction reissues DoD Directive (DoDD) 1402.3 (Reference (a)) as an instruction in accordance with the authority in DoDI 5105.82 and Deputy Secretary of Defense Memorandum (References (b) and (c)). It is composed of multiple volumes, each containing its own purpose. The purpose of the overall instruction is to establish policy, assign responsibilities, delegate authorities, and provide DoD Fourth Estate entities with supplemental guidance to the policy, laws, and regulations relevant to the administration of the SES, SL, and ST categories, in accordance with DoDD 1403.1 (Reference (e) and pursuant to Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.) (Referenceand Title 5, Code of Federal Regulations (Reference (f)).
b. Volume. This volume:
(1) Establishes policy, assigns responsibilities, and provides procedures for SES executive resources management.
(2) Establishes the DoD Fourth Estate Executive Resources Board (ERB) pursuant to section 3393(e) of Reference and section 317.501 of Reference (f) to provide oversight of SES executive resources programs.
(3) Incorporates and cancels chapter 1 of DoD 1402.3-H (Reference (g)) and Director of Administration and Management Memorandum (Reference (h)).
APPLICABILITY. This volume:
a. Applies to OSD, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities in the DoD that are not in the Military Departments or the Combatant Commands, (referred to collectively in this volume as the "DoD Fourth Estate)."
b. Does not apply to:
(1) The Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense.
(2) Those persons in the Defense Intelligence SES and Defense Intelligence Senior Level positions, established under section 1601 of Title 10, U.S.C. (Reference (i)).
(3) Expert and consultant appointments pursuant to section 3109 of Reference (e) or highly qualified expert appointments pursuant to section 9903 of Reference (e).